Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting my Tax Preparer business from home, which program would you recommend?

Connie-Magana
Level 1

I currently work for an office that uses Lacerte Tax. I only work here on the weekends and I am going to start working at home during the weekdays for 2019 filing season. Which program would you recommend using? I wont be processing as many returns as the office, maybe 1 or two a day if that.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

That depends on the type(s) of returns you tend to prepare, the volume, and your budget.  Each product has its pros and cons, so you'd have to weigh in based on these considerations.

Since you're familiar with Lacerte and only just starting out, PTO (which is driven by the Lacerte engine) could be a strong contender.  If you haven't tried it, sign up for a free trial, which allows you to prepare and preview returns without charge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
itonewbie
Level 15

That depends on the type(s) of returns you tend to prepare, the volume, and your budget.  Each product has its pros and cons, so you'd have to weigh in based on these considerations.

Since you're familiar with Lacerte and only just starting out, PTO (which is driven by the Lacerte engine) could be a strong contender.  If you haven't tried it, sign up for a free trial, which allows you to prepare and preview returns without charge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers