Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specified trade AND eligible business

bethbrake
Level 2
In Lacerte, how do I enter information that allows part of partnership as specified trade or business (I know that is Other Schedule K) for the investment management and part is an active timber farm which is a qualified business?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

I believe will require some separate computation and overrides of the the amounts. Entry is in Screen 22 Other Information all of the lines with an [O] are for override amounts. I do not believe the program allows enough flexibility to ID specific activities as qbi or not. Seems like an all or nothing. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

I believe will require some separate computation and overrides of the the amounts. Entry is in Screen 22 Other Information all of the lines with an [O] are for override amounts. I do not believe the program allows enough flexibility to ID specific activities as qbi or not. Seems like an all or nothing. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@Kathi_at_Intuit might be able to add to this

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
It is kind of wonky, but ProSeries has the ability to say 'only x% is from a SSTB' on our QBI entry area.
0 Cheers
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee
@George4Tacks is right, Lacerte does not have this capability. You would have to use the Overrides available. I have entered an enhancement for this.
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
But x% might not be the right answer when QBI items are not proportional among businesses that qualify and those that don't though.  IMHO, some level of offline computation would be inevitable.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers