Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte, entered a non-dividend distribution in excess of stock basis as a LTCG (S-Corp) is showing on Sch D on line 10, is there a way to have it show on line 12 Sch D

wjgrano
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Nope...and I don't think such a presentation would be correct as the gain is not generated at the Corporate level where it would apply to ALL shareholders.  Distributions in excess of basis is determined at the shareholder level.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

Nope...and I don't think such a presentation would be correct as the gain is not generated at the Corporate level where it would apply to ALL shareholders.  Distributions in excess of basis is determined at the shareholder level.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
wjgrano
Level 1
Sorry, to clarify, I meant to say at the shareholder level, on the 1040. The K-1 is from an S-Corp. When inputting the LTCG because there was a non-dividend distribution in excess of basis. It is not showing up on the Sch D line 12, but instead on line 10. Not at the corporate level, the shareholder level.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Reread what I posted.

In my opinion, it SHOULD be on line 10, not on line 12.  The gain is NOT GENERATED at the corporate level so it doesn't flow thru FROM the K-1.  Only capital gains generated AT the corporate level show on the K-1, and then flow to Line 12  of Sch D on the shareholders return.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Which...is why the option to make it show up on line 12 doesn't exist in Lacerte....
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers