Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what software are people switching to off of Lacerte?? Tire of all this

asitax15
Level 3

After 20+ years of using Lacerte, this year my early renewal discount drops from 15% to 4% but NO ONE on the phone can tell me why!  I am not going to pay additional costs without at least an explanation.  But getting an explanation, as usual, seems impossible.  So I need to know a good software to research switching to.  Drake or ?????

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

You can find lots of good comparisons online, in FB groups and on Twitter.  One FB group that has lots of historical discussions on this is "The Entrepreneurial Accountants"

But basically it sums up to that there will be pain in every software, just a different kind of pain.  You'll need to decide what pain you're able and willing to put up with.

Also, I came from Drake, and their customer service and pricing are top-notch, but their state reporting is very sub-par.  I'm in CA, so with all our fed/state diffs, that's a big deal.  They don't track s-corp state basis.  In Florida, not such a big deal.

Wishing you all the best as you figure out your next moves.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*