Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Lacerte DMS on new server

dnlwltn
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Per Intuits system requirements I have purchased a brand new Windows Server 2019 Standard server to host my Lacerte and Lacerte DMS network shares.  I have installed the Lacerte and DMS applications on my Windows 10 Professional work stations.  Lacerte itself works well.  If I leave the DMS share on my old server (Windows Server 2008R2), everything runs smoothly.  As soon as I move the DMS database to the new server, it still works, but very very slowly.  Switching between records is very slow, whereas it is instantaneous on the old server.

Benchmarking shows that the network read/write speed to the new server is approximately 3 times faster than the old, so simple speed is not the problem.

I have already followed the instructions in the article: Increasing Performance in Document Management System (DMS).

I forced NETBIOS to be enabled on the network card and it improved the speed, but just barely.

I have tried mapping the drive using NETBIOS, FQDN and IP Address.  None of those made a difference.

I have disabled all antivirus on the workstations and server.

This server ONLY hosts the Lacerte and DMS network shares and does nothing else.

Please help if you have any suggestions.  DMS is currently unusable on a brand new server.  Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of network gurus hanging around this place.  I think you are looking at two choices - call support or if you have an IT guy or gal that you work with, have them take a gander at your situation.

Slava Ukraini!
smhelp
Level 1

Hello,

Where you ever able to get this situation resolved. We are in a very similar situation and have run out of troubleshooting steps. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Cheers