Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partnership owns real property under NNN lease. Does not qualify for QBI. Where do you indicate in the program not to calculate the QBID?

sterlingcpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

I think Lacerte's default for rental property is that it does not qualify for the deduction.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

I think Lacerte's default for rental property is that it does not qualify for the deduction.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
@sjrcpa I just used DemoData 01SAMPLE with today's update. It adds lines 1 and 2 to get 20Z. I can't seem to find a magic button to make it NOT 199A. The 1040 has one to make it 199A. I think S-Corp works the same way, but have not tested it yet.
Forms are not yet final yet. Maybe @Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) can get some input from the Lacerte know it alls.  

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Maybe that default is only for individuals. https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1789821-s-corp-non-199a-rental

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

That's what their notice said; but I *think* I heard that PS is making the opposite assumption.

I haven't had a chance to see what today's update is doing/not doing..

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Neither have I

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Maybe this weekend?
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******