Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"SINAI PENINSULA OF EGYPT" printing at top of 1040X???

Highlighted
Level 1

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 15

That's because you have checked the box "Military pay exclusion: Sinai Peninsula of Egypt" on Screen 59 under Miscellaneous Information on the basis the 1040X is being filed pursuant to IR-2018-95.  If this is not correct, you should uncheck the box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Highlighted
Level 15

That's because you have checked the box "Military pay exclusion: Sinai Peninsula of Egypt" on Screen 59 under Miscellaneous Information on the basis the 1040X is being filed pursuant to IR-2018-95.  If this is not correct, you should uncheck the box.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 15
Who knew? I have never seen that box before now.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Never seen that myself either but then I don't deal with military personnel.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
I guessed it was something like that, but could not find that input. I am sure glad you came on board. Happy Vacation!

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
I even search for "peninsula" & didn't find anything :joy:
Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Thanks, @George4Tacks!  It's just a hunch it has something to do with some kind of retroactive application.
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1
Thank you George4Tacks - that was exactly the situation, tho I do not recall ever having seen that box, much less checked it. I appreciate the help.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

I assume that this was not expected. What is being changed for the 1040X that might have triggered this. Is there foreign income from this source? 

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers