Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-employed health insurance 1095-A repayments partially included

billsh79605
Level 3

Taxpayer is self-employed.  Spouse has a 1095-A and is repaying all of the premium credit.  Lacerte shows only a partial amount of payment as premiums with no description of how that was calculated.  Self employment income is 88,000 so its not being limited by the income.  Anyone else see that  or any idea how to see what lacerte is doing?  I tried showing the 1095-A as the taxpayer and it still doesn't use all the premiums.  Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
rbynaker
Level 13

You may want to put this on the "hold" shelf for now.  Section 9662 of the American Rescue Plan retroactively eliminates repayment of APTC for 2020.

billsh79605
Level 3

Thanks.  I hadn't had a chance to read that so I appreciate the info.  I'm still curious what Lacerte is doing.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

I don't know Lacerte but my guess would be that you're flirting with AGI around 400% of FPL.