Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have had a rash of taxpayers with tax returns get rejected due to identity theft. Is there possibly an issue in lacerate and IRS? Most have all been money due return

Sharon425
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Security of your and your clients’ data is a top priority and we continuously improve our software to help safeguard your and your clients’ data. If you believe that there is an issue, I would take a look at this knowledge base article about contacting the IRS with tax-related identity theft:

Contacting the IRS for Tax-Related Identity Theft Information
https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606557&src=lsccom

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Kathi_at_Intuit
Employee
Employee

Security of your and your clients’ data is a top priority and we continuously improve our software to help safeguard your and your clients’ data. If you believe that there is an issue, I would take a look at this knowledge base article about contacting the IRS with tax-related identity theft:

Contacting the IRS for Tax-Related Identity Theft Information
https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1606557&src=lsccom

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It could be an issue with you.  Are you sure your system wasn't hacked?  Unfortunately that seems to be happening with more frequency these days.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
same wave length we were on bud.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Great minds think alike …………………….. and sometimes not so great minds do too.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
hahah! true on that!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

This could also be an issue on your end. I'd hire an IT expert to ensure there has been no breaches on your end. 

0 Cheers