Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RITA Reject Schedule J not equal to zero

User FIDO 61
Level 8

Any RITA aficionados please take a look. What this Reject is telling me does not correspond to the client's return. Specifics mentioned in the Reject are met. A minimum of one amount not equal to zero, check. Okay... ?! Is it because the client's income is all 1099 and does not have a W-2? Yes paper file, not a big deal, but I cannot decipher this Reject and it's bugging me! 

OHIO Filing Rejected - This filing was rejected by the taxing agency on May 13, 2020. You need to fix errors that caused the rejection before it can be accepted by the agency. Follow these instructions for fixing the errors and you can transmit again at no additional charge.

Reject: Schedule J Type RESIDENT requires a minimum of one amount not equal to 0.00 in Line 23, 24, 25, or 26 (Column 1 ).

Reject Resolution: Schedule J Type RESIDENT requires a minimum of one amount not equal to 0.00 in Line 23, 24, 25, or 26 (Column 1 ).

For electronic filing purposes, the "RITA Resident City Summary" statement is the electronic filing record for RITA form 37 pages 3, 4, and 5. Please review it to ensure it is being properly completed. If line 23, 24, or 25 is zero, this filing will have to be completed as a conventional paper filing

Reject: System tax calculation requires at least one Section A wage, Schedule J Income or Schedule J Loss to be reported on the filing.

Reject Resolution: RITA requires at least one Section A wage, Schedule J Income or Schedule J Loss to be reported on the filing to be able to e-file.

Wages must be entered in the Screen 10 wages, State and local input to flow to Section A. The wages override in the OH cities input can not be used when efiling a filing.

This filing was postmarked by the transmitter May 13, 2020 06:35 AM EST.

(ref. #0)

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bobby200
Level 3

I had this, or very similar, last year with ProConnect Online.  Live Chat had me try a number of fixes, all of which never worked.  They even had me send them the return and no luck.  I was told it would be escalated to the development team.  I could wait to hear back for the fix, or just mail it in.  Well, over a year later, I have not heard a thing (good thing I had the client mail it!!!).   So the moral of the story, you are not alone and it is a bug in the Intuit tax system.  RITA is low on the totem pole with Intuit apparently, and it you work with RITA in Ohio, you know how "persnickety" they can be!  

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Bobby200
Level 3

I had this, or very similar, last year with ProConnect Online.  Live Chat had me try a number of fixes, all of which never worked.  They even had me send them the return and no luck.  I was told it would be escalated to the development team.  I could wait to hear back for the fix, or just mail it in.  Well, over a year later, I have not heard a thing (good thing I had the client mail it!!!).   So the moral of the story, you are not alone and it is a bug in the Intuit tax system.  RITA is low on the totem pole with Intuit apparently, and it you work with RITA in Ohio, you know how "persnickety" they can be!