Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting of Partnership K-1 on a 1041 Fiduciary Return

TrustFBO1041
Level 1

I am preparing a 1041 Fiduciary Return for a Trust.  The Trust received a Partnership K-1 with a credit in box 15(F).  The description for box 15 (F) is "other rental real estate credits".  Where does this credit gets entered in Lacerte?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Hopefully there is an attachment to the K-1 detailing WHICH credit -

From the K-1 partner instructions:

Code F. Other rental real estate credits.

The partnership will identify the type of credit and any other information you need to figure these credits from rental real estate activities (other than the low-income housing credit and qualified rehabilitation expenditures). These credits may be limited by the passive activity limitations. If the credits are from more than one activity, the partnership will identify the credits from each activity on an attached statement. See Passive Activity Limitations, earlier, and the Instructions for Form 8582-CR for details.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
TrustFBO1041
Level 1

It is a Home Energy Credit.  Where would I enter that credit in Lacerte? 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would ignore it. Home Energy Credit is tied to a Home, i.e. personal residence.  I have trouble seeing how a partnership owns a home and now wants to pass that credit to a fiduciary that lives in that home. What is the relationship between these two entities. Something does not seem typical. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers