Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REP Access

RKinnisonCCTX
Level 1

Are you able to get REP access at this time?  I tried to on a client and it would not transmit it. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Susah G
Level 1

I have not been able to REP any of my clients since last week. Lacerte diagnosed the problem as a Lacerte System Issue and they will be getting back with me. I spent 3-5 hours each time I called to try to get the problem resolved. When I tried to REP it said "Client is in REP Lock. To remove, click remove REP Lock Button". When I do this it just takes me back to my list of clients. Billing department said my clients were NOT locked from their end and they are also NOT locked from my end either. It was determined to be a Lacerte System Issue. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Cheers
RKinnisonCCTX
Level 1

That describes the issue I am having    Question is what are they going to do to resolve the issue. 

0 Cheers
Susah G
Level 1

Lacerte has sent an "error trying to get REP and checking for updates" issue response. It appears to be connected with Kapersky AntiVirus. It is exactly the problem I have been having. You need to contact your Kapersky Support or your tech support if you have them.

0 Cheers
Wayne Pinkham
Level 1

I am having the same problem and I have Kaspersky on my machine. Should I change anti viral software?

0 Cheers
Natalie
Level 2

Did anyone solve this?

0 Cheers
Natalie
Level 2

I have the same problem, and it is not because of Kaspersky.  I know this, because I tried gaining access while Kaspersky was not running.

What has Lacerte done about this?  I'm guessing an hour-long call is required to get a fix.

0 Cheers
KenMCPA
Level 1

Had the same issue. Could not send REP or run Communication Manager. It was Kaspersky, it deleted a .dll file required to run Communications Manager. Solution as follows:

• Completely uninstalled Kaspersky
  • Rebooted (Windows 10) in safe mode with networking
  • Ran 2022 Web Setup, completely re-installing Lacerte
  • Reboot
  • Run Lacerte

Pain in the neck. And the users no longer have virus protection through Kaspersky, for which a license fee has been paid.

0 Cheers