Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental taken out of service during the year

jenhorton
Level 3

UPDATED:

Pub 946 - You cannot depreciate property disposed of in the same year it was placed into service.  ANSWERED 🙂

Taxpayer placed a property into service July though November.

How can I show the property was removed from service in November to stop Depreciation for the month of December?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jenhorton
Level 3

Found the answer by using The TaxBook WebLibrary - It was soooo easy to search and find the correct pub, and just as easy to search the pub for the key word that got me to the answer!  Well worth the price - NATP members, it's an upgrade to your membership!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15
jenhorton did a wonderful job of answering their own question
Pub 946 - You cannot depreciate property disposed of in the same year it was placed into service.
CONGRATULATIONS ON A GOOD JOB

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
jenhorton
Level 3

Found the answer by using The TaxBook WebLibrary - It was soooo easy to search and find the correct pub, and just as easy to search the pub for the key word that got me to the answer!  Well worth the price - NATP members, it's an upgrade to your membership!

0 Cheers