Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recovery rebate rejects

scheunemanncpa
Level 3

Does anyone know if we file a return that has the recovery rebate wrong will it get rejected when efiling?  We just had a little old lady drop off her information.  She is not required to file and she said she did not g

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does she receive Social Security?  It would have gone to her automatically.  

I dont think they will reject for it, but a correction letter or refund delay is what were probably looking at.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

They're working on it. 

"Rettig's comments come as the IRS prepares to start the tax filing season on Feb. 12, which is a later-than-usual start date.  During the filing season, people who did not receive the full amount of the stimulus payments to which they are entitled can claim a 'recovery rebate' tax credit. The IRS is working to ensure that its systems can verify that the rebate credits it provides to taxpayers are accurate."

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/535278-irs-chief-agency-is-current-on-mail-as-start-of-filing-sea... 

RighteousWoman
Level 1

I can only tell you this: the  IRS denied me my Rebate for the stimulus of 600 that I never received saying my $9000 2020 income was more then the $75000 allowed --- how the heck does that make sense? nine thousand not ninety thousand -- but nine thousand-- who the heck do the employee there ? They cant do math and work for the IRS? AND now I have to wait 2 weeks for a letter they will send to the wrong address from an old house i lived in and moved from because it was destroyed in 2020 by a tornado. All because IRS wont update my information -- and btw this is going to create issues with the 1400 stimulus -- this is a HUGE freaking mess.

Reasons I was given on the Wheres My Refund Page

1 my dependants did not match -- which by the way I do not have dependants and never said I did

2 My SSI number is wrong when it isnt

3 My income exceeded the Rebate limits -- now $9,000 if far less then the $75000 limits so how does that work ?

GOOD LUCK

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 9
Level 9

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

bubbles
Level 1

Exact same thing happened to me. Never got the 2nd stimulus check, I moved so both my address and banking information changed. So I filed early and claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit. They delayed my return beyond 21 days and subtracted $600 from my refund. Same reasons on the information tab, none of which could apply to my situation. They do say I will get a letter. 

I signed up for an IRS profile to see the information on the stimulus payments and it clearly shows I never got the 2nd one. I do see that they tried to auto-deposit the 3rd stimulus to the wrong account again on the 17th(though I filed Feb 12 to prevent this). A few days after seeing that- they show they are mailing the payment-so the bank returned it. If they then mailed the 2nd one to the wrong address-who knows when they will get that back and be able to show for sure I did not get it.

0 Cheers