Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real estate tax on 2nd residence Schedule A input

JackW
Level 3

How do I enter real estate tax for a 2nd home in lacerte?  It is not considered investment property and is not a rental property-just a 2nd residence.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 53.071 3 up from the bottom is an [O] Override for Total

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
George4Tacks
Level 15

I use Ctrl + E to open the real estate tax and enter detail for Primary and a 2nd line for next residence and a 3rd line for the prorata share of timeshare, etc.

JackW
Level 3

The client has an IL resident return. In IL there is a credit for re tax paid in IL.  The other home is in WI.  If I add the WI home to the principal residence space then the IL re tax credit calculation includes the WI re tax.  I would prefer not adding WI to the return since I pay per rep.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your response.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
We all make choices.
Is there income from WI? If so, you client might get a bill and not really love you so much.
Remember the client will pay the REP and if there is a filing requirement, you are at least responsible for giving them a choice.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Screen 53.071 3 up from the bottom is an [O] Override for Total

JackW
Level 3

Thank you!

0 Cheers