Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Isn't Gross Income Appearing on Schedule C?

msindc1
Level 4

Folks:

Client has $50,000 in self-employment income.  I entered it on screen 16 under "Gross receipts or sales".  I entered expenses on that screen as well.  The expenses are appearing on the Schedule C but the income is not!  I can't figure out why!  Any ideas?

Micah

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Delete the entry for Gross receipts. Exit the client. Enter the client and enter the gross receipts and test again. Sometimes little gremlins work their magic to screw things up. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Close Lacerte and re-open it. If the problem persists, attach a screenshot of your Screen 16 input. (On a Windows device, Windows-key+Shift+S will let you screenshot, then attach the saved file by clicking the camera icon above the window where you type your response.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Delete the entry for Gross receipts. Exit the client. Enter the client and enter the gross receipts and test again. Sometimes little gremlins work their magic to screw things up. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns