Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the tax return on my screen showing upper and lower case when I have options set to all capitals?

kim11
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
George4Tacks
Level 15

The forms should be all caps, but the client letter and invoice will show the information from Screen 1 exactly as it is typed. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
kgrobeck
Level 2

George,

That does not answer my question. It’s only on my screen that upper and lower cases of the entire return are showing.  When I print the return it comes out all upper case except the letter. My screen used to show all upper case. I don’t know why it changed and I can’t figure out how to change it back.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

You likely can not change it. It likely showed up in an update and possibly will be fixed in future update Maybe @IntuitBettyJo can get some info on the unexpected behaviour.

0 Cheers
kgrobeck
Level 2

The strange thing is that I actually have 2 Lacerte accounts. They are set up the same way. One of them shows all caps on the screen and the other one shows upper and lower case on the screen. I can’t understand why there’s a difference.

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

We have this same issue of Return setting showing as all uppercase but preview of return is mixed case.  This is a known issue with Lacerte as I have discussed this with them over the past two months.  Here is what happens... When you E-File a return, this changes everything so the view is now mixed case even though the options say uppercase.  If you exit the program and go back in, the view will be back to all uppercase.

I have not tried to print when it does this as I assumed it would print how it was shown.  I will try that.

I know they have a case on this issue.

0 Cheers
shellphelps
Level 1

I had the same issue in our office.  I ended up reinstalling the program on the one computer that was affected and it seems to have fixed it.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... Use the FORCE install and it should clear things up.

0 Cheers
kgrobeck
Level 2

Exiting the program then re-starting it worked!

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

This issue will come back the next time you E-File a return.

0 Cheers