Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my return rejecting electronically for Installment Sale Property Type Code when I have entered one?

jhopper
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Lacerte version 0330 and 0401 have a defect where returns with form 6252 may be rejected by the IRS. Development is investigating the issue. An update will be posted with more information once one is available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
stevop24
Level 1

I was able to efile without an issue several times and now outta nowhere I am having the same reject reason.  😞

0 Cheers
Tmercurio
Level 1

We just ran into the same problem today, but have not received the rejection on others that we have submitted with the same information previously. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-discussions/discussion/form-6252-irs-rejection/00/74...

Hey @IntuitAustin 

More incidences...any input?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Lacerte version 0330 and 0401 have a defect where returns with form 6252 may be rejected by the IRS. Development is investigating the issue. An update will be posted with more information once one is available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
AzureTax
Level 1

Having the same issue.

Following.

0 Cheers
richnitz
Level 2

Well update users so we don't try everything to fix to no avail.

Melissak
Level 1

Any update on this??

0 Cheers
richnitz
Level 2

yes i believe the last update fixed it. My return finally went through after 5 rejects

jhopper
Level 2

I re-submitted today and they both still rejected.

0 Cheers