Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY ARE FORMS IN DRAFT FORM IN 2019

vgatestax
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

15 Comments 15
abctax55
Level 15

1) You need to update the program.  F-10, select the "Versions" tab.  It should say 40.0130 for Federal

or

2) SOME forms are not yet ready.   Are there specific ones you are looking for?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
egrigsbyea
Level 3

I have the same problems.

The critical diagnostic warnings show that Federal Form 1040 is included in draft form but not other forms are not included.  State forms show " not included in this version of the program and will print as a blank sheet with an "unavailable" notation until it has been released and/ or approved by the State and Lacerte" 

My question is if State and Lacerte knew the tax season started on Jan 27th, then why they cannot process e-file now.  

Frustrated

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Most of *my* Federal forms are ready to go.  ARE you up-to-date?

WHAT state are you talking about?

( Generic Comment )"
egrigsbyea
Level 3

I am in California

I checked F10 and it showed federal version 40.0101

I tried to update lacerte and it said you have updated lacerte on 12/27/19.  

George4Tacks
Level 15

Use Windows key > type 2019 Lacerte Websetup  click that and run websetup. Often this works much better than in Lacerte > Tools > Lacerte Updates...

You should be on 40.0130 for Federal tax.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

wow... I can't imagine how many updates have come out since then.  It seems like it's been two a day.

There *should* be a small red dot (X) / notice on the lower right of the program when there's an update available.  AND you can schedule updates to happen automatically.

( Generic Comment )"
egrigsbyea
Level 3

George4Tacks and abctax55

Many thanks!  Now it works! Federal and State forms are ready to efile! 

I will keep in mind to update websetup instead of lacerte updates.  

Horrarry!

Two thumbs up!

abctax55
Level 15

YVW...

( Generic Comment )"
JOEPCPA
Level 3

Good morning -

My S Corp and C Corp diagnostic is - "Federal Form is final but the instructions are still in draft. If you file the return, there is the potential that calculations could change..." 

F10 shows - 2019 Federal Tax    Version 40.0131

Are you filing returns or waiting until that diagnostic clears up? 

Thanks!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would wait. Make a new F4 Status - "Waiting for Final Forms" and apply to those clients. Check each update. The likelihood is that they are good to go, but what's the rush. 

JOEPCPA
Level 3

Thanks much - the only rush is I want to get them finished, efiled and off my desk. The time frame between when the tax software is ready and the due dates of returns seems to get shorter and shorter each year 🙂 

0 Cheers
egrigsbyea
Level 3

Hi JOECPA,

One of the respondents suggests me the best solution. Perhaps, you can try this instruction below to see if this helps you.  

Use Windows key > type 2019 Lacerte Websetup  click that and run websetup. Often this works much better than in Lacerte > Tools > Lacerte Updates...

After update, the diagnostic messages are gone and ready to file.  I am thrilled!  

I am doing to file clients' tax returns. It works!  I am happy!

George4Tacks
Level 15

I have placed the YYYY WebSetup on my desktop every year. Consistently the "update" screws up and Websetup is needed to fix it. I just go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lacerte Shared\WebSetup19.exe" (Your link may be slightly different. Right click WebSetup19.exe and select  Copy Go to your desk top and right click and select Paste. 

Here is a slice of my desktop.

0.JPG

JOEPCPA
Level 3

Thanks I did try that but I'm still getting diagnostic

JOEPCPA
Level 3

good idea!

0 Cheers