Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to input Paid Family Leave taxes on a 1040?

rg44
Level 1

Hello, I am new to Lacerte, and I can not figure out where I need to input Paid Family Leave taxes on the software. Can anyone inform me of where this information needs to be inputted?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

California employer? I put it as part of SDI.

Screenshot 2021-02-02 120036.png

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If it was from an employer wouldnt it be on a W2? 

If it was from the state, it should be on a 1099g like unemployment.

What type of document do you have reporting the PFL?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Are you referring to the credit for the Self Employed, on Form 7202?

0 Cheers
rg44
Level 1

It is on form W2. My confusion is that I have a client that is getting an itemized deduction, and I do not know where Lacerate wants me to add PFL for it to be counted on the state tax deduction

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

PFL in box 14 is not a tax at all.  It's the amount of COVID wages paid.  Unless your client is also self-employed it has no bearing on the return.  If your client is self-employed it will go on Form 7202 line 15 or line 16 and affect the calculation for the self-employed amount of the credit.

Edit: Phoebe had a better crystal ball than I did. 🙂

PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

California employer? I put it as part of SDI.

Screenshot 2021-02-02 120036.png

rg44
Level 1

Yep, it's a California employer. Sorry for the confusion. I sometimes forget how important these small details have to the overall question when it comes to tax.

0 Cheers