Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do you enter prior year qbi loss for schedule c individual?

dianacpa
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
abctax55
Level 15

Bottom of screen 15.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dianacpa
Level 1

Screen 15 is NOL carryforwards.  I did place the amount in bottom of Screen 16 - schedule C screen, but it does not carry forward to the 8995 line 3.  Any other suggestions?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Suggestion is to look more closely... it's there.

Left side.  Under *Loss*.  Click on "Cur.YrNOL/Misc".  Under *Sections*.. third one down, and the last one = Qualified Business Loss Carryovers.

OR

Lacerte has this snifty feature:
Go to where you expect the info/amount to appear. Right click on that field, then click on "jump to input". That will *usually* take you to where you to input the info (or give you the various options when there are multiple places).

( Generic Comment )"
cpavilla
Level 2

Hmm... I can't seem to get it to work either.  The input for QB Loss Carryovers is absent and you only see NOL input. 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Sorry but it IS there...  DID you go up one line to 'Loss 1 - to the one that says 'Cur.Yr NOL/Misc' - it is highlighted in blue.  After you click on that, you'll see under Sections, third line down is 'Qualified Business Loss Carryovers'.

OR, if you speak batch entry it is code 128

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

QBI Carryover.png

( Generic Comment )"
cpavilla
Level 2

I finally found the input sections.  I had to slide up the sections.   Thanks for helping. 

GF44
Level 1

Hi,

I have the same problem in 2021 Lacerte.

Clicked on QB the 3rd section on the left panel, but it doesn't display the screen for input QB loss deduction from prior year. Totally blank, only NOL

Screenshot 2022-03-19 080910.jpg

0 Cheers
daleoempire
Level 3

Go to screen 15.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

deleted...

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
TiredFarmer
Level 7

Does Lacerte have issues like Pro Series Professional?  Just Curious.

0 Cheers