Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When trying to print any client 2020 organizer, we are getting an error message that reads "The selected client does not have any data to print."

ezabbia
Level 2

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ezabbia
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, your suggestion did not resolve the issue. I did call customer support and was advised that there is a known issue if you are printing organizers where the client letter or engagement letter is printing with a boarder. They will resolve it in a future release.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

It's working fine for me.

1) reboot, hard

2) run WebSetUp to reinstall the program

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
George4Tacks
Level 15

I see that this is your first question. Are these clients converted from another program? Have you opened this clients and viewed them in Forms view to see if they are correct? Are you doing all of this in the 2019 program? You do not print 2020 organizers from 2020 program, you do it from the 2019 program. 

There is special support for new users. https://proconnect.intuit.com/lacerte/training/

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
ezabbia
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, your suggestion did not resolve the issue. I did call customer support and was advised that there is a known issue if you are printing organizers where the client letter or engagement letter is printing with a boarder. They will resolve it in a future release.

0 Cheers
ezabbia
Level 2

Thank you for reaching out. We have been Lacerte users for over 20 years and this is the first time we have had this issue. I called Lacerte and it is a known issue which will be resolved in a future release.

nlydick
Level 2

Our firm is having this issue as well and we also have a border in our client organizer and engagement letter. Please let me know when the relevant software update is available.

abctax55
Level 15

@nlydick   -   "Please let me know... "

Just an FYI - no one, on this forum of peer-to-peer, fellow users of the software, volunteers (this is not official Intuit Support) is going to take the time to notify you of software updates.

You'll have to update your software; you can set options to do so automatically.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
deacondave85
Level 2

SOLUTION FOR US - We print our organizers to our copier which is set up as a shared network printer. Each workstation also has a local default printer. If we change the default printer to be the same printer as we are printing the organizers to, it works. The same is true for tax returns. I hope this helps.

KBrady
Level 1

I was having this problem and through process of elimination found that it is the signature we use which is a bitmap file.  I don't have a solution for getting it fixed yet, but perhaps this is causing your problem as well!

George4Tacks
Level 15

For signature I use a signature font.  I selected Kunstler Script from Microsoft

There are more Microsoft signature or script fonts described here https://www.pcworld.com/article/3391377/how-to-work-with-microsoft-words-cursive-script-or-handwriti...

Bitmaps historically are buggy with Lacerte. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns