Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What screen in Lacerte do i record stimulus payment transactions (i.e. payment due but never received) in 2020?

dvinegrad
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
George4Tacks
Level 15

Stimulus? Not the proper word. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/economic-impact-payment-2...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

Also take a look at this: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/stimulis-payment/00/109...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

The input is on Screen 38.2 under Recovery Rebate Credit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15
Recovery Rebate Credit sounds exactly like Economic Impact Payment. Right?

itonewbie
Level 15

@George4Tacks wrote:
Recovery Rebate Credit sounds exactly like Economic Impact Payment. Right?

Lol, you're trying to test me. 🙂 Technically, no.

Too many terms thrown around by the IRS and press.  The proper terminology in the Code for EIP or stimulus payment is actually advance refund - literally, that's an advance of the Recovery Rebate (as it is officially named under §6428).

The Recovery Rebate is a credit that will be claimed on the 2020 return and it must be reconciled against the advance refund (i.e. EIP aka stimulus payment) folks received.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
So what is the name for the new $600 thingie? If it become $2,000 what will that be called?
My head spins!

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Ah, the new $600 thingy is an Additional Recovery Rebate.  It is codified separately under §6428A and is to be added to the Recovery Rebate provided for under §6428.

The House bill, coined the "CASH Act of 2020", to increase the quantum from $600 to $2,000 is simply an amendment to §6428A, which means the $2,000 will just be the updated amount for Additional Recovery Rebate if the bill is passed by the Senate and signed into law by Trump.

Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

@dvinegrad 

Based on your posts, you appear to be new to Lacerte.  This \|/ will help you:

Lacerte has this snifty feature:
Go to where you expect the info/amount to appear. Right click on that field, then click on "jump to input". That will *usually* take you to where you to input the info (or give you the various options when there are multiple places).

Also, please be aware that this early in the game, not ALL (even most?) forms are ready. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers