Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What screen do I use to request retirement withdrawal is spread over 3 years?

dvinegrad
Level 3
specifically, spreading the tax due on the withdrawal over 3 years.
which input screen?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
itonewbie
Level 15

You were given a correct response yesterday but you don't seem to have reacted to it.  If you have anything to add, please add them to the original thread and refrain from duplicating your questions.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/what-lacerte-screen-is-us...

Oops.  Scratch that.  Misread the question...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

I think you meant ratable income (rather than tax) inclusion.  Look for Screen 13.1 under Form 8915.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
itonewbie
Level 15

Note that the form is not available yet.  Watch out for updates in future releases.

Still an AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

@dvinegrad 

Based on your posts, you appear to be new to Lacerte.  This \|/ will help you:

Lacerte has this snifty feature:
Go to where you expect the info/amount to appear. Right click on that field, then click on "jump to input". That will *usually* take you to where you to input the info (or give you the various options when there are multiple places).

Also, please be aware that this early in the game, not ALL (even most?) forms are ready. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
itonewbie
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

@dvinegrad 

Based on your posts, you appear to be new to Lacerte.  This \|/ will help you:

Lacerte has this snifty feature:
Go to where you expect the info/amount to appear. Right click on that field, then click on "jump to input". That will *usually* take you to where you to input the info (or give you the various options when there are multiple places).

Also, please be aware that this early in the game, not ALL (even most?) forms are ready. 

Exactly.  The IRS has not even finalized their own forms and instructions for the tax software developers to follow.

Still an AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

I recommend you bookmark the Help articles listing:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/view-all-articles/07?product=Lacerte%20Tax

That should save you time and avoid the peer user volunteers having to look up and/or write out things that already exist.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
jctaxes
Level 2

I called Lacerte and that form won't be released at the end of February.  Thank you.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

The last I checked the IRS' website, F.8915-E was still in draft but Lacerte should now be producing a reference version of the form.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
rcclark88
Level 1

The jump to input feature is nice but the 8915 says its "not available on this field" and there is no direct entry I can find anywhere.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and there is no direct entry I can find anywhere"

It's not ready, yet.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers