Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US ef Status not updating for efile accepted return. How do I fix?

Lisa Dewey
Level 3

I have 70 returns that were efiled and accepted by IRS.   The US ef status say Sent to Lacerte.  I have tried to reconcile the ACK file but can't get the status to change.  Any idea how to update it.  We lock multiple returns by the ef status and need this fixed.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kb7
Level 1

I just received the best help from Star Support.  The problem was my computer (machine) code changed (from GI to GJ) - not sure why or how that happened??  He walked me through going to the path that was shown on Help - Troubleshoot - Option Path. I followed that path then went to Mach and changed the code to match what he was showing (GJ), saved and closed.  When I went back to Efile-step 3-receive acknowledgement status -- woolah!  They all updated!  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
George4Tacks
Level 15

Select the client(s) and use E-File > e-file support tools > Reconcile ACKS received.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
Lisa Dewey
Level 3

I tried this also.   Did not work.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

How about 

If acknowledgements do not automatically apply

1. Highlight the client on the Client list.
  2. Click the E-File menu.
  3. Mouse-over Step 3 e-file acknowledgement status.
  4. Select Update Acknowledgement Status for Selected Return(s).

My last suggestion is the dreaded call to support. 

Lisa Dewey
Level 3

Already tried that too.   Also called support and the tech support couldn't find it in her manual to fix.  So, I'm screwed!  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe @IntuitBettyJo could be a really experience support person to help on Monday.

0 Cheers
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @Lisa Dewey 

Apologize for the delay, are you still having trouble with the e-file status? 

-Betty Jo 

0 Cheers
Lisa Dewey
Level 3

Yes, the problem is still there.   I did not have time to reach out to support.

0 Cheers
cindybissevon
Level 3

I have the same problem.  Can only call when you are not open.  I wake at 0300 west coast time.

0 Cheers
kb7
Level 1

I am having the same trouble for several clients I e-filed on May 15.  I called the support desk and was told I just need to wait a few more days because these clients are showing up in his system as approved; but it's been 11 days??

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@kb7 

Go to my account > dashboard.  In the "search" or the "what are you trying to do" box & enter efile acks or something similar...

You will then be able to search using various criteria & verify acceptance.  

I've had to do this more THIS year than in the previous three decades of using Lacerte.

And it's pathetic that support doesn't know this.  Jeez.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
kb7
Level 1

I just received the best help from Star Support.  The problem was my computer (machine) code changed (from GI to GJ) - not sure why or how that happened??  He walked me through going to the path that was shown on Help - Troubleshoot - Option Path. I followed that path then went to Mach and changed the code to match what he was showing (GJ), saved and closed.  When I went back to Efile-step 3-receive acknowledgement status -- woolah!  They all updated!  Hope this helps!

Thank you, this helped.

0 Cheers