Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE NET FRAMEWORK TO 4,8

bobbyeyes
Level 3

I have been with Lacerte 25 years and the service has gone down the tubes.. Tech support tells me i need to hire an IT guy to install net framework 4.8 to download 2020 program which I paid $7000 for.. The guys name was Tray sounded like a real dummy and he hung up on me....WTF LACERTE 

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
User FIDO 61
Level 8

I do not disagree regarding "support." Been using Lacerte a similar amount of time.  

Here are two links about Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8

Installing/Upgrading to Microsoft .NET 4.8

2020 Lacerte system requirements

*found using the cryptic "help articles search

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

Are you running Windows 10?

Have you confirmed which update is running?

Then, using that search window in the task bar, type in:

Turn Windows Features On

See the pop up for Open; Click it.

Checkmark that .net there, if it is not already enabled.

Now check for Windows Updates.

This is "care and feeding" of computers. All users should be able to keep their system basically updated. It's like your Car. Do you have someone come over and fill the tank for you, or do you go to the gas station yourself?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

But that's like driving down to Lowes and buying $7000 of kitchen appliances and then blaming the store for your Smart car not being big enough to take the appliances home with you.

Slava Ukraini!
User FIDO 61
Level 8

@IRonMaN Lowe's you say? Interesting.

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
George4Tacks
Level 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

@User FIDO 61  Yeah, they have free delivery.  But, we bought a stove from Lowes a couple of years back and planned on using their handy dandy free delivery service.  However, they had some issues and were backlogged so it was going to be something like a month or month and a half before the free delivery.  Luckily, I drive a truck instead of a Smart car and we just drove home with it.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
cv1
Level 1

You are absolutely right. Words cannot express how bad LaCerte software and support are compared to any modern, decently-functioning software company that cares about their users.  For those commenting here who have been 'using LaCerte for 25 years' and seem to take pride in this fact: consider that your head may be so far up into the darkness that you can no longer remember what light looks like.  The only reason that LaCerte is able to be so terribly, terribly bad is because you continue to support and defend them.  And because the competition in the tax software space is such a disgrace because no self-respecting software company wants to get anywhere near it.  BTW, just typing this after being on hold for 40 minutes thus far to try to correct LaCerte software's inability to install itself without crashing.  

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

It typically will do a FORCE setup that will fix things. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
cv1
Level 1

The "New LaCerte Tool Hub", which I had been trying to use among other approaches to install the software, immediately crashes upon open and says, very helpfully "Please Close the Program".  Oh, and I finally hung up after more than an hour because LaCerte support was by then closed, though their helpful phone robot kept encouraging me that they care deeply and so would be with me very soon.

0 Cheers