Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment - Federal nontaxable and Find/Filter tool

Will there be a $10,000 federal exclusion from income for UI and Pandemic Unemp?  This situation is in flux.

I would like to find my clients with UI.  

How do I find such clients?  Is it the filter tool?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pamdory
Level 8

I did that Saturday.  Go to Settings>Options and click on the Display tab.  Then expand the Income list in the  Available box, highlight Unemployment Compensation and hit the > button to move it into the Display box.  Then you can move it up or down to choose where  you want to position the column.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
BobKamman
Level 15

You can look at Schedule 1, Line 7 of all your returns. 

If you don't have time for that, convert them all to pdf and email them to a Nigerian prince who will help for free.  Or there's that guy in Ukraine.  

George4Tacks
Level 15

Highlight all processed returns > Print > Database Reports > Custom > Click the green + to add > Select a title like "Unemployment" > Click the  + by Client information add what you like - Client Number, name, etc > Click the + by Income > Scroll down and select Unemployment Compensation. 

Click Preview to see how you like this report and save when you exit. 

HOPEFULLY - Lacerte will give us a pre filter when the law passes. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
pamdory
Level 8

I did that Saturday.  Go to Settings>Options and click on the Display tab.  Then expand the Income list in the  Available box, highlight Unemployment Compensation and hit the > button to move it into the Display box.  Then you can move it up or down to choose where  you want to position the column.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"I would like to find my clients with UI"

You don't need to -------------- they will find you --------------- I guarantee you, they will find you 😰

Slava Ukraini!

Very helpful. Thank you.