Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-invite and Re-Invite - Electronic Organizer

jknecht
Level 3

Hello Friends.....

I just spent 30+ minutes waiting and NOTHING.  Then the agent hung up and made me start again...this for one of their longest standing customers (I have a customer # of 3 digits....lower than 120.

I sent out 100+ electronic organizers in batches of 20......most of them worked.  I did the same way I have for years.....condensed questionaire and more.

Some of the clients have BLANKS - No Questions....No Organizers prompting them to put in documents......

I want to un-invite and then re-invite them so they get a questionaire and more.  I have done this in the past but it always KILLS the questions and more.

Since CS hung up on me....after I told them I was not going to 'TRANSFER' all my settings from 2019 which I did in November....which is what she wanted me to do......and asked for level 2 or 3....and she offered a case number but instead put me back in the queue...

I need some help to do this correctly.....Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

Are you sure you're talking about e-Organizer and not Intuit Link?  Your notion about un-invite and re-invite makes me wonder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
jknecht
Level 3

Yes.....the Intuit Link....which sends out the e-org and questionnaire. 

Thanks

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

What Intuit Link has is not e-Organizers.  Instead, what it has are a Questionnaire with broad open questions and a Checklist, which is a laundry list of documents your client may upload for tax preparation.

@jknecht wrote:
I sent out 100+ electronic organizers in batches of 20......most of them worked. I did the same way I have for years.....condensed questionaire and more.

But in Intuit Link, there is no such thing as "condensed questionnaire".  Unless you have previously saved one or more custom questionnaires and chosen to use a particular custom questionnaire before hitting the Invite button, the default questionnaire will be sent.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/tax-organizer/help/using-intuit-link-in-lacerte/00/5170

Some of the clients have BLANKS - No Questions....No Organizers prompting them to put in documents......

If a client sees nothing but a message that he/she should contact the accountant, most of the time, that means the client did not login using the email address to which the invitation was sent or used the hyperlink in the invitation email (which contains a token) to access Intuit Link for the first time for that tax year.

Your client should try logging in again by (1) clicking on the button in your invitation email AND (2) logging in with the email address to which your invitation was sent (which should be populated automatically on the browser).

In case your client's email address has changed, please come back as there is a rather complicated process you and your client need to go through to make that work.

I want to un-invite and then re-invite them so they get a questionaire and more. I have done this in the past but it always KILLS the questions and more.

What process did you follow to un-invite and re-invite?  AFAIK, that's not something you can do within Lacerte.  And you can do that from the Intuit Link for Accountants portal only if your client has not accepted the invitation.  Here's an article that explains how the process works.  In case I have misunderstood what you meant, please come back with more info and there may be a better answer to your question.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/how-do-i-re-send-an-invite-email-from-intuit...

In case you are looking for more information about e-Organizer, which is a very different product, you may like to refer to the following article for the details:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/how-to-access-the-organizer-or-e-organizer-i...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/form-1040/help/sending-an-e-organizer-in-the-lacerte-program...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
jknecht
Level 3

Thanks for the response.  I understand the complicated process to change emails and more for a client...and really don't want to go there.

When I state that they are seeing blanks...it is not only them...but me as well.  The Questions and Condensed Organizer did NOT go at all.  Here are pictures of the example.  One client is blank...even though he was in the same group of 20 that I sent out to the client that is NOT. 

I don't want to manually add requests into about 20 clients who when I sent out the link in late November got nothing even though the others did.

I want to be able to pull it back from them...and 'INVITE' them NEW....so that the Questions and Organizer populate rather than adding a 'request' and having to chose 'standard organizer' which is not customized. 

Does this make better sense?  

0 Cheers
DonnaB
Level 2

Did you ever get resolution on this?  I am having the same issue. It's so frutstrating.

0 Cheers
jknecht
Level 3

Nope...and I got burnt again yesterday, even though I was ONLY changing an EMAIL ID!!!!  The Intuit Link is TOUGH!  I had to recreate each and every organizer/document request within the orgranizer by going back to the 2019 one and taking 20 minutes to do the line items.

Sure wish LACERTE/INTUIT would get their act together on this!

0 Cheers