Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas franchise tax returns

Ginger2
Level 2

When I try to submit Texas franchise tax returns, it keeps saying "transmission failed".  I tried calling Lacerte about this a few weeks ago--and their answer was maybe we couldn't be able to e-file these returns--which I am certain is not correct.  In the past if you tried to e-file before the state was ready for them--it just wouldn't even let you see the numbers on the forms.   I can see numbers on the forms this year--so I don't know what is going on.  Has anyone else had this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
G2grat
Level 2

I cannot efile Texas franchise returns either.  Any guidance out there?  I am on the most current version of Lacerte as of 3/1/21.

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

They are not ready for efiling yet.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
0 Cheers
Thowcpa
Level 2

Do we know if this is a Lacerte or Texas Comptroller issue?  Either way it's not acceptable!   

0 Cheers
G2grat
Level 2

I was told by Lacerte staff that Texas is not accepting returns yet😬

0 Cheers
Vferrantello
Level 2

That is absolutely NOT CORRECT!!  I gave up on efiling via Lacerte so went directly to the state to webfile.  Not a single problem.  I am not hearing anyone using other tax software having any delay in their ability to efile Texas franchise return.  

0 Cheers