Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Franchise Pay Balance Electronically Critical Diagnostic 2012078

yoyo
Level 3

The diagnostic says we have to pay the tax electronically. That is correct. However it seems that the diagnostic is forcing us to pay the tax electronically by putting the bank information with the filing of the tax return. The Taxpayer always pays the tax electronically directly - not via the tax filing. I know how to override this but hate to do that. Am I missing something here - surely we don't have to gather bank information when the taxpayer is going to pay it correctly? Thoughts?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
roz2
Level 4

Yoyo,

How are you going to override?  I am having the very same issue.  

0 Cheers
kgreen8393
Level 5

Disable the E-File error, then send the return.

This is new this year.  I don't understand why the change.  My clients always directly pay electronically and we have never had the funds withdrawn as part of the filing process.

I sent 3 Texas returns this morning by disabling the E-File error.  They have been sent, but not yet accepted by Texas.

Client has already electronically paid.

roz2
Level 4

Kgreen8393  -- I tried to give you 5 thumbs up, once again, I didn't get my way.  So here are the other 4 thumbs up shown as stars.****

kgreen8393
Level 5

Thank you!

0 Cheers