Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texas Franchise is rejecting with TX Franchise rejecting extcode=Go-Livre,start=end=04-30-21 04-30-2021 0600AM]

bill16
Level 2

TX Franchise rejecting extcode=Go-Livre,start=end=04-30-21 04-30-2021 0600AM]

Seems like a Lacerte prob.  Anyone else getting this?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yoyo
Level 3

It just means that electronically filing the Texas Franchise Return is not yet available.  For some reason it's the same thing every year, Lacerte does not get approval for Texas until several weeks after Federal Filing season has opened. I think there might be a chart or expected date of when it is expected but I can never find it and so just have to try and file one every day and see if it goes through. Rather frustrating to me since I don't want to file the federal until I can file the Texas too.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
14 Comments 14
yoyo
Level 3

It just means that electronically filing the Texas Franchise Return is not yet available.  For some reason it's the same thing every year, Lacerte does not get approval for Texas until several weeks after Federal Filing season has opened. I think there might be a chart or expected date of when it is expected but I can never find it and so just have to try and file one every day and see if it goes through. Rather frustrating to me since I don't want to file the federal until I can file the Texas too.

0 Cheers
GDH1
Level 2

We are having the same issue.  I received the following reply from Lacerte:

Being able to efile to any taxing agency requires an approval process with said taxing authority, so until Lacerte has finished that approval process we can't transmit efile to Texas.  Due to the weather situation in Texas right now it is unlikely we will get a status update until next week sometime. I apologize for this inconvenience and I assure you we will take haste in correcting this issue.

0 Cheers
bill16
Level 2

Thanks for your posting.  Very  helpful 

0 Cheers
joerod
Level 2

The frustrating part of this is that we can e-file using the State Comptroller's website. Wouldn't that mean the system is working?  But not for Lacerte?

yoyo
Level 3

JoeRod - I think it is two different things. Lacerte (or any tax software) has to get the interaction of their software approved by the powers that be at the Texas Comptroller's office. Whereas the Comptrollers own website is not an upload but rather a direct input. The bottleneck is likely with the Comptroller to a large extent but seems like the entire process could be made to work by January. It's not like the Franchise Return has changed dramatically in 10 years. Tweeks here and there but basically a pretty dang simple computation. A couple times I contacted Texas there reply was "Well, do you realize its not due until May 15th?" To which i replied, "Of course i do, but it's nice to be be able to file the state return at the same time as the federal ... and we can't".

bill16
Level 2

I wonder if all the other software packages have the same problem or if this is unique to Intuit products.

0 Cheers
yoyo
Level 3

Texas Filing Season may have finally opened!!!!

I was just able to one without a rejection at 6:45 on March 8th 2021. Haven't got the Texas Acceptance yet - but maybe we can finally file the darn things.

joerod
Level 2

Thanks for the info. I am disappointed that Lacerte did not give us  a heads up when the e-filing for the Texas franchise tax returns became functional.

0 Cheers
GDH1
Level 2

Lacerte has had no communication regarding this issue.  They issue alerts for other states but not for Texas?  I wonder why.

itonewbie
Level 15

@GDH1 You can check the latest status here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/electronic-filing/help/lacerte-e-file-agency-approval-and-st...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
joerod
Level 2

Thank you for the information. So I need to check this site to find out when I can finally e-file my Texas franchise tax returns. One more thing for me to do . The customer-friendly thing for Lacerte to have done is to inform us when the e-filing became available, don't you think? Or maybe we need to pay more to get better customer service. I am still waiting for Lacerte support to get back with me on two questions. It's been a week now. I've been a Lacerte customer since 1991. I think I'll be shopping around this coming year for the first time since 1991 for a friendlier provider. Not looking forward to it but I am frustrated.  

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Unfortunately, their customer service agents are not very customer service oriented these days.  Agree they should really have a clear diagnostic for this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
bill16
Level 2

Yep like wise.  I have liked using Lacerte.  But at this point I al hard pressed to think thre is any reason that I will not switch after this year.  They have created too much and uncertainty!

They have incompetent help people now.   Even when you do get thru they cannot solve a problem.  Most of us who call in only when there is a more than basic issue at hand but it seem like they have only script readers. available and we already can do that level of self help.

joerod
Level 2

I've gone years without calling Lacerte for help. This year I've called more than maybe the last ten years combined with unsatisfactory results. 

0 Cheers