Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Liability Payment Extension

Highlighted
Level 1

Is Lacerte going to provide an update for those taxpayers that want to pay their liability electronically in July?  Right now you can only have 4/15/20. 

Labels (1)
14 Replies 14
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

The question has been asked more times than I can count...scroll down the list of posted.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

Not seeing this particular question.  This is related to the new extension payments that are now can be due July 15,  not an already set payment and e-filed as were referenced by your note or George4Tacks.

I checked the posts and they relate to the already filed return and liability.  I am questioning the NEW tax extension date. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Okay - Short answer is that it appears that they will update and we have pleaded with the powers at be to somehow be more current it what they are posting. Instead they worked hard to do an update of 2018 and BROKE IT.
Patience. They will get it all running properly before 7/15 (Maybe on Bastille Day?)

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

If @IntuitAustin would resurrect the "sticky" from about 3 prior incarnations of this forum, or even allow the previously used "bump" you might have seen this post by Lacerte https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-news-and-updates/discussion/how-do-i-cancel-or-chang...

Now we just have to keep fielding the same impatient questions, over, and over, and over, and....

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Ask RichGee....he's up-to-date on ALL the latest info.  🙃

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/new-tax-filing-date/00/6988...

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 7

...oof. 

Bookmarked. 🍿 

Put the bunny, back in the box....
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

As of today, March 22, the old payment due date of 4/15 hasn't been updated by Lacerte.  The IRS announcement was at 7:00 AM on March 20th.  Is anybody home?

Also will EFTPS  pospone the auto debit to the new deadline?  When I called I was told by a human that I could only cancel the payment, not change it to another date. 

Highlighted
Level 15

@joantax   Is anybody home?

Seriously?  

You want Intuit to update the software in 48 hours?  Get real.  And chill.

And correct, calling the IRS is the way to change it.  How could the software be programmed to do that for you, after the fact?  By filing a second return?  That thought makes my head hurt.  Perhaps the IRS can/will reset all those dates - but I would NOT hold my breath.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 2

How much do you pay Intuit?? For the money I pay I expect it!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@FLBound 

I pay them, a lot.  That doesn't give me, or YOU, the right to be unreasonable.  48 hours turn-around on a matter that isn't even critical?  Over a weekend?

How fast do you turn around tax returns?

Highlighted
Level 15

Here is the schedule of updates given months ago. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/2019-lacerte-release-dates/00/6538

I think it unreasonable, regards of what you pay, to expect virtually instantaneous corrects of ever evolving tax law. It appears to me that IRS has now given us until 7/15 for the software to be updated. For the money I spend I expect it to be resolved before 4/15, but first they have to fix the 2018 that they just screwed up, but those returns are just amended or late file, so no harm, no fowl (yeah I No I done picked the wrong wurds, but I have more than 3 weeks to fix it.)

Short version - lighten up. You shoulda been here when all e-file for all Intuit products broke down on April 15, 2007 and IRS extended all returns due to server overloads. 

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 2

I was here in 2007, in fact I have been using Lacerte for over 30 years.  My frustration comes from the last several years of feeling like there is almost always "something" that needs to be fixed.  Also, when a premium product is sold at a premium price, I expect premium response time when something goes wrong or suddenly changes.  I don't want tax returns that are just about ready to go out, sitting around until they fix the dates.  People are already anxious enough with everything going on and getting their taxes finalized, and finalized correctly, is one thing I can get off of their mind. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

I expect premium response time

As you didn't answer when I asked, what IS your turn around time on returns, especially with a weekend involved?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

This time of year my turn around time is one to two weeks, and just for reference I consider that 7 to 14 days, not 5 to 10 days.  Weekends matter!

0 Cheers