Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

abar
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

16 Comments 16
sjrcpa
Level 15

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals using Lacerte software, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Ex-AllStar
abar
Level 1

Thank you so much!

I am a tax professional using Lacerte software.

In fact I am asking the question on behalf of our entire office.

TPowell
Level 2

good question as the input only shows for taxpayer and spouse.  Where do post the payment received for the children, as the taxpayer's?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Sometimes when questions that are so perplexing pop up in the software, I actually try entering data in the only spaces available to see what happens.  It beats waiting for 3 days for someone to post an answer here.  Sometimes you really just have to live dangerously and run with scissors.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

".... I am struggling with instructions on where to input stimulus we received for our children"

Your phrasing indicates you are asking for yourself, not for the "whole office". 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

According to the Draft Instructions, the advance credit based on the kids is allocated 50% to each parent.  But reading the law, it could possibly be interpreted differently.

See this discussion:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/eip-possible-benefit-to...

AB17
Level 2

"Your phrasing indicates you are asking for yourself, not for the "whole office".

Hey level 15-does it really matter what her "phrasing" sounds like? How about you write something helpful.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"How about you write something helpful."

Um, as helpful as your post?

Slava Ukraini!
AB17
Level 2

Just trying to remind some people that, if I understand correctly, these message boards are for Lacerte users to help each other, not to critique someone who is asking for help.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

But you are critiquing someone who has helped out a ton of folks over a lot of years.  So rather than critiquing someone that is already helping, how about rolling up your sleeves and start helping those other Lacerte users?

Slava Ukraini!
AB17
Level 2

So, they have helped people in the past and that means they can say whatever they please? Our office is asking for help for the first time on this interface and this first experience has been a bit discouraging from the two people that chose to critique the wording of our question instead of helping. Instead of making us feel stupid for wording a question in a way that doesn't please them, they could have just said nothing.  You on the other hand were helpful, so my comments were not intended towards you.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is one thing you may not realize if you are just giving this place a test drive.  Intuit does not limit access to professional tax preparers.  So often times their are DIYers using this site.  Because we do spend a lot of time helping out other preparers, our patience can get a little short when someone posts something that might appear to be a DIYer ----------- since we have no way of knowing who is on the other side of that computer monitor.  This place is a great source of information that is "staffed" by folks who don't get a penny for their time.  So bear with us when our patience wears a little thin.  Being a frequent visitor to this place will pay off in the long run.  Intuit's support sucks, so this is the place to get a feel for what landmines are out their lurking with their software.

Slava Ukraini!
AB17
Level 2

Thank you for the information. That's is very helpful to have someone explain why we received the reaction we did to our question.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

"....Hey level 15-does it really matter what her "phrasing" sounds like? How about you write something helpful."

I don't get paid to answer questions from DIYers and that "phrasing" sure sounds like a DIYer, not a professional using Lacerte software.  HEY!! WAIT.... I don't get paid at all, except by the folks I *have* helped and then only by a thumbs up/solve. (and yes, there are quite few...) 

Sorry for assuming you are/were a DIYer, but your question wasn't very specific/detailed/or indicative of you being a tax pro.

A large part of the issue is that Intuit refuses to 'lock the barn door' so that this place isn't inundated with Turbo Tax users.  They also refuse to adequately staff their support function, so WE (we=volunteers) get stuck trying to help our fellow tax pro preparers.  AND they now (when you do eventually get thru to support) refer to this place as the "hot spot" to get quick answers.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Instead of making us feel stupid for wording a question in a way that doesn't please them, they could have just said nothing."

The mind-reading skills have greatly increased, and out of concern that a person actually wants the answer, we try to offer them a resource and not just stay silent. No one stated anything to make anyone feel stupid; that answer was a simple, direct and polite redirect. You can go back to read it, and it is a Macro provided to us by Intuit, to help us keep the wording simple, direct and polite.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers