Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard deduction chart - suppress printing

Anyone know how to suppress this from printing?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6

I guess it is part of Form 1040-SR (page 4 of 4) and maybe can't be suppressed.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Elect to use the 1040 and not the 1040SR.

Settings > Options > Tax Return (tab) > Federal Tax Options > Form 1040-SR > Select "Suppress" from the drop down > Click OK

You can also individually select this in Screen 3 > Miscellaneous > Form 1040-SR > either a 1 or 2, your choice. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

MIND BLOWN - Is there really no difference besides the fact that it's laid out differently?  Thank you @George4Tacks !!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think it may help force some taxpayers to recognize that they really are getting OLD. Other than that I see no useful purpose for the 1040SR in the professional tax software arena.

It might be helpful to that poor soul that is still using pencil and paper along with a printed form and instructions. 

0 Cheers
iliniwk
Level 1

It wastes paper and is a nuisance. It also causes some to ask what it means and why is it in their return. You should be able to suppress ANYTHING the program prints that you don't want and has no prupose.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Settings > Options > Tax Return > Federal Tax Options > 6th item Form 1040-SR > Select Suppress

2 pages for the 1040 and 4 pages for the 1040-SR - I guess it is fine for someone that is filing out their own forms, but really dumb for our software. 

0 Cheers