Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sooooooooooooo frustrated with Lacerte this year!!!

kadodallas
Level 1

I'm wondering if other tax preparers are encountering more than normal issues with Lacerte?  Any time I have a question and I type it into the Live Community at the bottom of the program - I get sent to a webpage where I have to re-type the question.  It seems every link I try within Lacerte is faulty.  My caveat is that I have a new computer - which I thought would have helped.  But could it be my new computer??

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tsae777
Level 2

sed Ultratax last year and was shocked when using Lacerte this year. Ultratax was near flawless. Very, very few glitches and short wait times the couple of times I had to call.

View solution in original post

20 Comments 20
Ronny
Level 2

I have not used this method of trying to find answers before so this is new. However, the last 5 or 6 times I have called support I have been told the wait is 45 to 55 minutes. That is unacceptable. I even talked to my sales rep and was told Lacerte was aware of the problem and would hire more people. Apparently that has not happened. I have made the decision to change software providers for next year. The pain of staying is far greater than the pain of changing. Lacerte used to be one of the best 20 years ago, but what they are now is nothing compared to what the used to be. They stink. 

Lacerte has been horrible the last 3 years.  Their fees are some of the highest, but the product is becoming one on the worst.  Most of my returns are in Missouri.  The Missouri 1040-V won't be available until 2/19/2020.  REALLY!!!!!  Lacerte is a TAX software company.  How do they not have forms available until mid-February.  What a joke.  We use Drake for our corporate returns.  They have all the Missouri forms available and are 10 times cheaper.  We will be switching in 2021.

Ronny
Level 2

Interesting. My wife has her own tax practice. She uses Drake and has filed many 2019 returns I have yet to file one. Forms not completed or instructions not completed. February 11 and we still have that issue. Let me decide if I want to file a return with incomplete instructions. I have too many March 2 deadline farmers that I need to file. And their support is the worst. 

Forelini
Level 2

I agree 100%!!!!  Lacerte is getting worse on form release.  I need Form 8995-A, Schedule D for March 2 deadline for farmers.  The IRS released the form on December 19.  But Lacerte still does not have the form available and they blame the IRS.  I do not know who is right or wrong between Lacerte and the IRS, but I would appreciate if anybody has a work-around for this short of printing 8995-A, Schedule D off the IRS website and completing it and paper filing the returns, which is a last resort solution.  I agree with your post...if the instructions are not final, give us the warning about using the form, but at least get the form out and available for our use.  It should not take close to 60 days to get a 6 line form available for use.

Tsae777
Level 2

sed Ultratax last year and was shocked when using Lacerte this year. Ultratax was near flawless. Very, very few glitches and short wait times the couple of times I had to call.

NormanR
Level 2

we prepare a large number of DC partnerships that require an unincorporated franchise return. the first availability was to be Feb. 2 , then Feb. 12. today is the 13th no non watermarked forms.

I too have run into the 55 minute wait, no matter when I call, the problem is due to inclement weather!!!  must be storming over the entire country..

I am very interested in the Drake software, like to hear more comments

I have e mailed CeeCee's office, I do get a response, but still; no forms..

jg2
Level 1

Why is Lacerte now such a garbage company ? I have used Lacerte for 20 years very happily but this year it's now the worst company I have ever worked.  Customer service wasn't able to take my payment and to make matters even worse I can't install 2019 software on my newer Microsoft Surfaced Pro computer, it may only be run on an old ass computer that runs Microsoft 7 which is pathetic. LACERTE IS THE WORST!!! I would caution anybody to stay away from Lacerte, they are a complete waste of time and energy. 

0 Cheers
jg2
Level 1

I couldn't agree more. Lacerate is now garbage. I cant wait to switch away from this horrible software.

accoun5
Level 4

I agree with you. I've seen Lacerte have hold times of 2 hours.  This is unacceptable. Lacerte does not care about me as a customer. Watch your billing statements. Watch your renewal statements. Lacerte made many serious mistakes with my account which I won't get into here. Lacerte did not give me my $800 discount on my renewal. I called and they said I'm outside of the 30 day window. I told them to think out of the box and that after all of their egregious errors, they need to give me a credit. Billing said they will have someone call me in 24-48 hours. Again, unacceptable. The Lacerte Response team is also ignoring my emails.

accoun5
Level 4

I agree. What software will you choose?

0 Cheers

I moved all my business taxes to Drake.  Not sure what I am going to do with the personal returns yet.

0 Cheers
accoun5
Level 4

Thanks-Is Drake as good at calculations as Lacerte? I've always heard that Lacerte has the best software product in the world, but the worst customer service. I won't get into it in a public discussion, but Lacerte put me through one the worst experiences that I've ever gone through in my life and it was Lacerte's fault for letting a problem perpetrate. I discovered a big problem and Lacerte ignored the problem and allowed it to perpetrate. It was so terrible that I was able to get a small refund from Lacerte pain and suffering.

0 Cheers

Once you get use to Drake it is not too bad.  The cost savings makes it worth it.  There are a few things you must manually enter that Lacerte does automatically, but not enough to spend thousands of dollars more for Lacerte.  I use Drake for my personal tax clients who live in multiple states also.  This way I don't have to charge them so much extra per state.  You pay one price for everything in Drake.  They do not nickel and dime you like Lacerte.  When you call support, someone answers the phone right away and they are the person who helps you.  Lacerte could learn a few things from Drake.  

0 Cheers
mad2114
Level 2

the 2020 program is riddled with issues.  I have spent HOURS on the telephone with support that has NO idea how to fix said issues.  Been with Lacerte over 25+ years and I am so shocked at the lost time we've spent on issues this tax season.

Shary2061
Level 1

I have had a problem with my lacerate program since yesterday. It says Delinquent notice. see attached screenshot

I called this morning at 8 o’clock and I was in line with one lady named NORMA 

she said you must pay $200 something to your account to be active again. I gave a card and paid.

but still have a same problem, then I called again , and was online with Elisa up to 11:48  about 2; hours and 11 minutes again , total I was online with lacerate since  8:00 this morning till 11:49 

I can't understand why I paid more than $5000 2021 to the program and they locked up the program on October 15 for Just because of the balance of $200 , REALLY .

I called again and they told I have to pay another $470.00 and I paid but still my problem not solved ,was online with more than 4 person , from 8 am to now 2:58 but still same problem .

this services are SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER bad 

0 Cheers
Shary2061
Level 1

I have had a problem with my lacerate program since yesterday. It says Delinquent notice. see attached screenshot

I called this morning at 8 o’clock and I was in line with one lady named NORMA 

she said you must pay $266 something to your account to be active again. I gave a card and paid.

but still have a same problem, then I called again , and was online with Elisa up to 11:48  about 2; hours and 11 minutes again , total I was online with lacerate since  8:00 this morning till 11:49 

I can't understand why I paid more than $5000 2021 to the program and they locked up the program on October 15 for Just because of the balance of $266 , REALLY .

I called again and they told I have to pay another $470.00 and I paid but still my problem not solved ,was online with more than 4 person , from 8 am to now 2:58 but still same problem .

this services are SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER bad 

0 Cheers
Shary2061
Level 1

I have had a problem with my lacerate program since yesterday. It says Delinquent notice. 

I called this morning Oct 15 at 8 o’clock and I was in line with one lady named NORMA 

She said you must pay $266 to your account to be active again. I gave a card and paid.

but still have a same problem, then I called again , and was online with Elisa up to 11:48  about 2; hours and 11 minutes again ,not solve the problem again , she said your account is Active and there is a no reason to locked your account ,   but not solve the problem again i called and this time I was online till 1:59 with kelyan , she connect to my computer , re locate my lacerte and shot down my computer same , same issue I ask for supervisor many times , at the end she discontacted me . I called again and another lady told me no you have to pay $437 and I paid again , but still unlocked .

can't understand why I paid more than $5000 for 2021 to the program and they locked up the program on October 15 for Just because of the balance of $266 or $437 

, REALLY .they are not expert at all , anything that one person said other one not agreed ,

Now the time is 3:15 but still I have the same issue .

their services are SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER bad 

Please let me know , If anyone has a hard time with them , or has an issue with them .

please let me know if you anyone have a kind of same issue with them .

they not let me add my email address .

thanks 

0 Cheers
shollberg
Level 1

The problems become apparent when you ask for technical assistance for printing out a tax plan from the tax planner.

Of course the message is related to font size.   Can't print.  Tech assistance can't get an answer and I have a client meeting tomorrow with a complex tax calculation and no support.

Quizzed further, the tech admitted to no weekly quality control meetings, supervisors interact remotely online and, unofficially, things are changing so fast, they can't keep up.  First time in ten years and I'm saying Lacerte will put me out of business if I let it.

0 Cheers
cl54
Level 1

They have no decent technical reps, they refuse to send me to the higher level they are NOT ALLOWED! This company has become so difficult to deal with.  I have used them since the 90's and am about done!

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

@cl54 Have you tried posting your issue here? Maybe we can help.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers