Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some client types don't appear after installing 2018 Lacerte on my new laptop

CharlotteG
Level 1

I installed Lacerte 2018 and 2019 on my new laptop.  When I open 2018, only my individual clients appear.  The Partnership and S Corp ones don't.  I didn't have those modules installed initially, but now I do, and maybe that's why they aren't there, but how do I get them back now so that I can proforma them to 2019?  Thank you to anyone who can help me!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
User FIDO 61
Level 8

Lacerte Web Setup 

There will be a shortcut in your Windows Start menu. There is detail in the linked article below. You will need to select the specific Type and States you want to install.

Installing Additional Tax Modules and States to the Lacerte Tax Program

If there is not a shortcut in your Start menu, individual Web Setup installations can be downloaded form your Lacerte My Account if you have sufficient user privilege. 

♫ So if you ask me and I don't tell you
Bet your sweet bottom dollar I lied ♪
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am guessing from the "my new laptop" that you have an old computer with the data. You should use Lacerte Backup to do a back from the old machine then use Lacerte Restore to get them to the new laptop. 

You could search your laptop for data1p18.dbf and data1s18.dbf. Possibly you tucked them somewhere other then where they belong with is in X:\Lacerte\18tax 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
CharlotteG
Level 1

Thank you for the help!  I did do that previously, and I did it again just to be sure.  The Partnership and S Corp modules did install but my clients still didn't.  Not sure why.  

0 Cheers
CharlotteG
Level 1

I will try that.  Thank you so much for taking the time to answer.  I appreciate it.

0 Cheers
CharlotteG
Level 1

It worked, thanks!

0 Cheers