Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Question

biz26
Level 2

If I am working on a client and make a data entry error in a few areas on a network, is there a way to roll back to prior on the entries prior to starting.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Across the top is Detail > last entry is Abandon changes. This only rolls back to the last autosave. Your only option might be to restore from a most recent backup. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

George4Tacks
Level 15
Settings > Options > Setup > Numeric Detail Input > Automatic Detail Save > Select the time you want - short is good if there is a power out - long is good if you want to "bail" on the input.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Across the top is Detail > last entry is Abandon changes. This only rolls back to the last autosave. Your only option might be to restore from a most recent backup. 

biz26
Level 2

Thanks you solved this but one more question on the answer you gave it works as described. How long is it until it goes into auto save in the Lacerte program. I played with a client to test it made some entries did as you said went to detail went to abandon changes the changes were undone. My question is what is the time frame on the auto save process and how or can we change that as well just curious is it 5 mins 10 mins if you exit screen just wanted to know so wouldn't have to do like you said the complete backup of the client restore.

Thanks

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
Settings > Options > Setup > Numeric Detail Input > Automatic Detail Save > Select the time you want - short is good if there is a power out - long is good if you want to "bail" on the input.

biz26
Level 2
Thanks appreciate the help
0 Cheers