Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S Corp federal return accepted but TX failed transmission Validation failure error 54 with failure code of 1054. I called and was told TX not accepting returns yet but is this why I'm getting errors?

luceroent
Level 1

What is transmission validation failure error 54 and validation failure code 1054 mean? How can I resolve this.  The return is due 3/15/21?

Thank you! 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

We've been hearing TX cannot be efiled yet. I am under the impression it's on Intuit's end, not Texas'.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"I called and was told TX not accepting returns yet but is this why I'm getting errors?"

Yes, that would explain a transmission error.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
luceroent
Level 1

Ok, so there isn't a problem with the transmission to Lacerte from my end?  The error I get is failed transmission validation error 54 with failure code of 1054 and I don't have any diagnostic errors so I'm hoping its not something at my end because its not even making the transmission to Lacerte and then to the state of TX.  I was thinking the return should at least make transmission to Lacerte and then wait there for transmission to TX when they start accepting returns.  Is my thought process wrong?

Thanks for your help!

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

The available listing Intuit shows will be 3/11.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
luceroent
Level 1

what does this mean?

0 Cheers