Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting Time Spent

dlmcferran
Level 3

Is there any way to reset the "time spent" on a particular client?  I've been using a clients file to do some testing and exploring and now it shows a large number that I'd like to turn back to zero.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Rerya
Level 2

can you copy the prior year to a file with a new name and roll it forward to 2020?

0 Cheers
dlmcferran
Level 3

Don't think I explained the situation clearly. Sorry.

Lacerte has added a new feature in 2020. It tracks the number of minutes you spend in any clients file. My question is:  If that is not an accurate number can I reset it to zero.

Dennis McFerran

Rerya
Level 2

I understand. Can you rename the 2020 file to "testing2020". go back to 2019 and roll the file forward

with the old name. you will have a new file with zero on the clock.

0 Cheers
dlmcferran
Level 3

OK I understand you now.  You're saying re-transfer from 2019 program and get a clean new client file.  Yes that's possible but I don't think it's a practical answer. That destroys anything you did with the 2020 file and you're starting over. 

ljhyer
Level 3

I think I found a way.  Copy the client file, it retains on the input but resets the time spent clock!  You will need to rename the client.  

0 Cheers