Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ref# 50852

LVSeltz
Level 2

If paying electronically, the bank account number provided must be at lease 5 digits in length

ref #50852

I do not owe on the return,  and bank info is correct

how do I get rid of this warning

thanks

Ken

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
abctax55
Level 15

Unclick the 'pay electronically' button?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
LVSeltz
Level 2

I have, however, error message remains.  Also, removed bank info, message still comes up

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"the bank account number provided must be at lease 5 digits"

Where did you get the numbers from? Perhaps you overlooked leading 00000.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
LVSeltz
Level 2

The return does not owe any money.  However still getting messages, have checks account number, and routing number

thanks

0 Cheers
JH2
Level 1

Any resolution to this?  I get same critical diagnostic.  Incredibly frustrating!

0 Cheers
lgalvin
Level 3

Same here - this is a 1065  no payment due and there is no bank information entered anywhere or checked to pay anything electronically. 

Any suggestions?

0 Cheers
JH2
Level 1

I wound up calling Lacerte about this and was provided a way to override that diagnostic:

e-File>e-File Support Tools>Disable e-File Error  <or>

e-File>e-File Support Tools>Clear Return>Return

The representative said to use the first one list initially, and if that doesn't work, move on to the second.

I don't like having to utilize overrides as I feel our software vendor should be taking care of items like this, but it worked on the few we were having issues.

0 Cheers
JH2
Level 1

^listed

0 Cheers
lgalvin
Level 3

Thanks for the input- I was afraid that would be the answer - hopefully they will get this corrected.

0 Cheers