Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recovery rebate rejects

scheunemanncpa
Level 4

Does anyone know if we file a return that has the recovery rebate wrong will it get rejected when efiling?  We just had a little old lady drop off her information.  She is not required to file and she said she did not g

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does she receive Social Security?  It would have gone to her automatically.  

I dont think they will reject for it, but a correction letter or refund delay is what were probably looking at.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

They're working on it. 

"Rettig's comments come as the IRS prepares to start the tax filing season on Feb. 12, which is a later-than-usual start date.  During the filing season, people who did not receive the full amount of the stimulus payments to which they are entitled can claim a 'recovery rebate' tax credit. The IRS is working to ensure that its systems can verify that the rebate credits it provides to taxpayers are accurate."

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/535278-irs-chief-agency-is-current-on-mail-as-start-of-filing-sea... 

RighteousWoman
Level 1

I can only tell you this: the  IRS denied me my Rebate for the stimulus of 600 that I never received saying my $9000 2020 income was more then the $75000 allowed --- how the heck does that make sense? nine thousand not ninety thousand -- but nine thousand-- who the heck do the employee there ? They cant do math and work for the IRS? AND now I have to wait 2 weeks for a letter they will send to the wrong address from an old house i lived in and moved from because it was destroyed in 2020 by a tornado. All because IRS wont update my information -- and btw this is going to create issues with the 1400 stimulus -- this is a HUGE freaking mess.

Reasons I was given on the Wheres My Refund Page

1 my dependants did not match -- which by the way I do not have dependants and never said I did

2 My SSI number is wrong when it isnt

3 My income exceeded the Rebate limits -- now $9,000 if far less then the $75000 limits so how does that work ?

GOOD LUCK

0 Cheers
PhoebeRoberts
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

You’ve come to an Intuit site supporting tax professionals, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Cheers!

bubbles
Level 1

Exact same thing happened to me. Never got the 2nd stimulus check, I moved so both my address and banking information changed. So I filed early and claimed the Recovery Rebate Credit. They delayed my return beyond 21 days and subtracted $600 from my refund. Same reasons on the information tab, none of which could apply to my situation. They do say I will get a letter. 

I signed up for an IRS profile to see the information on the stimulus payments and it clearly shows I never got the 2nd one. I do see that they tried to auto-deposit the 3rd stimulus to the wrong account again on the 17th(though I filed Feb 12 to prevent this). A few days after seeing that- they show they are mailing the payment-so the bank returned it. If they then mailed the 2nd one to the wrong address-who knows when they will get that back and be able to show for sure I did not get it.

0 Cheers