Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recovery Rebate Credit

brindisi cecchi
Level 1

Is Lacerte updating the clients organizer questionnaire to include the Recovery Rebate Credit? So we know if they received a stimulus check or will we be requesting the stimulus on their 2020 tax return.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

I don't think you meant organizer because it has already been updated with the question on EIP.  If you are referring to Questions in Intuit Link, the last I checked, it hasn't yet been updated.  In the meantime, you could add the question on your own.

@IntuitBettyJo@IntuitAustinCan you please confirm when the Questions in Intuit Link will be updated for EIP?  This would help avoid users having to add the question on an ad-hoc basis to each individualized request.  Having users add their own to their custom templates wouldn't quite serve the purpose as many would prefer to have those questions individualized based on prior year return data.  Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
brindisi cecchi
Level 1

Sorry maybe I addressed the question incorrectly.  I just printed a complete organizer and a condensed organizer from the 2019, tax program and the recovery rebate is not addressed in the questions or the clients information. Also, not addressed in Intuit Link that is why I posted the question for two different programs.

0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

You may like to check that you have the latest version of 2019 Lacerte installed because they updated that a while ago to include that question.  Here's a screenshot of the condensed organizer with the question on EIP.

As for Intuit Link, only Austin and BettyJo will be able to let you know when it may be updated but you can refer to my response above for what you could do in the meantime.

Condensed Organizer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
brindisi cecchi
Level 1

I checked and I am running 41.0107 version and it says I am up to date. So I reapplied the latest update and my questionnaire is still not updated. Do you know if their is a glitch in the updates?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Look at Organizer > Questionnaire > Questionnaire Def. > Scroll down to the end of it and you will see:

[YNTAB]CORONAVIRUS AID, RELIEF AND ECONOMIC SECURITY ACT (CARES ACT)¶

[YNBOX]Did you receive an economic impact payment? If so, how much?¶

[YNBOX]Did your business have any PPP loan amounts forgiven?¶

[YNBOX]Did you receive a distribution from your retirement plan because of COVID?¶

I incorporated that into my old 2019 2018 Questionnaire that was the import from last year.   

This new stuff is NOT in the condensed organizer, probably because it is condensed. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
itonewbie
Level 15

The EIP question is in the condensed organizer by default though.

Still an AllStar