Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Employer Forms

NaplesChad34103
Level 3

Does anyone know why the IRS is rejecting E-Files through Quick Employer Forms? We have been filing them over the last week and the first 1099-Misc for rent was just rejected, the diagnostic said

"Please review all 1099-MISC forms for your independent contractors. Nonemployee compensation must be reported on 1099-NEC box 1 and not on Form 1099-MISC. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) introduced Form 1099-NEC this year, which replaces Form 1099-MISC box 7 for independent contractors and nonemployees. Please make any corrections, if needed, then proceed to e-file your 1099s. "

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

Widespread problem it seems.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/1099-misc-rejected-in-qui...

We haven't efiled ours yet. We typically wait til Jan 30 so all the "my address is wrong" complaints can come in.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
Jyen2021
Level 1

I have the exact same problem. Looks more like a TurboTax problem to me.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Looks more like a TurboTax problem to me."

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using Lacerte, ProSeries and ProConnect, and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
NaplesChad34103
Level 3

Thank you for the update,  We got the first rejection this morning and wanted to see if there were answers before clients started calling and asking why.

For the record I am not totally lost on the internet, our Firm has been Lacerte Customers for years, and we subscribe to Quick Employer Forms through that account.  I have never posted a question here and couldn't find a specific board for QEF and figured this one would be a start. 

Thank you for your time!

sjrcpa
Level 15

Intuit has branded this same product under TurrdoTax, ProSeries and Lacerte.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Widespread problem it seems.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/1099-misc-rejected-in-qui...

We haven't efiled ours yet. We typically wait til Jan 30 so all the "my address is wrong" complaints can come in.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

The TT forums have more Intuit people watching and participating and might be the better place to ask about QE Forms.

sjrcpa
Level 15

@NaplesChad34103 This place is as good as any. There isn't a specific place to ask about QEF.

It isn't widely used here and lots of people (including Support) don't even know about it.

I couldn't even find Support info on the QEF web page.

It'd be nice if someone at Intuit acknowledged this and said a fix in the works. Maybe there is an answer on the Turddoh Tax forum. Not sure I can bring myself to go there.

Ex-AllStar
qbteachmt
Level 15

I never found a link to any specific support; just for questions from users that got answered. Considering this deadline is upcoming, you'd think things would be corrected, though.

0 Cheers