Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QBO Excel CSV file to Import into Lacerte

Elia
Level 1

I read an article and it said that you could export the CSV file from QBO to import into Lacerte. I mapped out the chart of accounts and created the CSV file. However, the CSV file format does not tie with the Lacerte Utility Columns. The CSV file from QBO creates a column with what line item on the return that specific account belongs. The Lacerte utility does not have a column for this. Is there a way to modify the Lacerte utility to include the tax line from QBO or is the QBO mapping specifically for pro connect? If that is the case, we would not map the chart of accounts in QBO and only map them in the Lacerte Utility program?

Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
qbteachmt
Level 15

Read this article:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/federal-taxes/help/lacerte-trial-balance-utility-faq/00/5974

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
laccpa
Level 3

Why can't I read this particle?  When I follow the link it appears to be locked even though I'm signed in?

What am I doing wrong with a QBO trial balance import from Excel?  Does it work differently than desktop?  Am I forced to use account numbers? 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Try using a different web browser; try clearing your cache. I confirmed that link from late last year still works fine.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers