Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSystem FX Conversion - "Could not find any valid files" Help Please!

JZGilleo
Level 3

I continue to get the following message when attempting to upload ProSystem FX backups for conversion:

"We could not find any valid files inside C:/CONVERSIONDATA folder. Please follow the backup instructions on the screen to backup your files."

The IT people making my backups are confident that they followed every instruction; and, thanks to an article that I found from Intuit Help, I can confirm that I have the correct file types: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/import-or-export-data-files/help/prosystem-fx-backup-instruc...

Please help! I've been working at this for over a week and support just reads the Backup Instructions to me and offers very little assistance.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

16 Comments 16
George4Tacks
Level 15

1. How is this any different than what you were discussing here? https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/prosystem-prior-cpa-firm-...

2. What year are you attempting to convert? 

3. Maybe @IntuitBettyJo could get someone to reach out to you to assist.

This is a user forum and we typically can not offer any help for product function. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
JZGilleo
Level 3

Update: I and an associate were on the phone with LaCerte Support for over 2 hours yesterday for this, with no resolution.

The representative says that our files look correct, are in the correct place, and really should be seen as valid by the program.

This has been an extremely frustrating transition of our ProSystem FX data, and now it seems I will have to input everything manually which will take an inconceivable amount of time.

I tried to reach out to my sales rep from Intuit as well, and he has stopped responding after assuring that he would find someone to help.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Maybe @IntuitAustin could get someone to look into this and reach out to you.

0 Cheers
JZGilleo
Level 3

That would be fantastic. @IntuitAustin 

0 Cheers
Bassettm
Level 1

I am having the exact same problem

JZGilleo
Level 3

I ended up manually entering 30 clients because support could not help and no solution was provided.

Wasted about 12 hours total on the phone with support and IT.

If you find something, let me know. Good luck to you!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

@JZGilleo Yes, but it gave you some good practice in learning the new software. So far, other than the conversion snafu, how do you like Lacerte compared to ProSystems.  Just curious as I have some experience with each.

0 Cheers
JZGilleo
Level 3

It certainly did give me practice! I also have used both, and overall I'd say LaCerte is pretty good and intuitive. There are some things that I don't like: all of the "This form is not available yet" pages, where I would want/expect a pro forma version based on the prior year's (K1, 8995, 1041, etc.) 

Then there are some minor things that were not intuitive and took some googling to figure out. But, yes, overall, it is pretty good and the price certainly beats ProSystem!

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I would suggest that you review the 2019 returns, especially for accuracy in depreciation and state returns. If everything matches up, go to Screen 3 and go down to the last entry before Organizer Miscellaneous and remove the check mark for Converted client (proforma use only). This will allow more data to proforma to 2020. 

I would NOT proforma to 2020 yet. I expect at least one more update to 2019 before organizers and proforma will be good. I don't proforma until we are ready to really have client contacts. Lacerte does not do forms based on last year. If IRS has not yet released at least a proof version of a 2020 form, you won't see it in forms view. The computation will be there and are typically right on, but the form won't be there. 

Once the form is there, use a RIGHT CLICK on the line or box  you want to input and select "Jump to Input". If you need a zero to be input, what you use is a negative one (-1). F1 in input fields is very helpful. 

Also correct your spell check. Lacerte is a family name and does not have that French influence. At least you didn't get lacerate. 

Have a great season. 

JZGilleo
Level 3

Thanks,

For the clients that I already began preparing in 2020, is there any sort of reverse-proforma to get the data into the 2019 application?

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15
No.

0 Cheers
tsmiarowski
Level 1

Did you resolve this? I have the same issue.

0 Cheers
Jzgilleo
Level 1

Nope! Had to manually enter 30 clients’ prior year returns. Support was very unhelpful, hours and hours with nothing to show for it. 
And Prosystem wouldn’t even speak to me because I don’t have an account with them. Good luck!

0 Cheers
rft
Level 1

I am having this exact same problem.  Trying to convert 2020 profs to 2020 Lacerte (%so I can produce organizers). System does not see valid files in c:conversionData.  Has anyone found an answer to this?

Truly starting to question my decision to change software

0 Cheers
orit cohen
Level 1

NO RESOLUTION AS OF 10/10/2022.  POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND OFFERRING THIS CONVERSION TOOL TO PROSYSTEM IS OUTRAGOUS AS ITS WASTING MORE TIME AND WE END UP ENTERING EVERYTHING MANUALLY. REMOVE THE PROSYSEM FX AS AN OPTION AT THE VERY LEAST SO YOU DONT MISLEAD YOUR CUSTOMERS...                     

0 Cheers
bpadilla
Level 1

Here's what works for me.

Using office manager, create a backup into the folder C:/ConversionData. That should produce Zip folders pertaining to the backed up clients and one CLNTBKUP.zip folder. 

After that, the TDexport.exe never works for me. Instead you go into you /WFX32/Client and grab all the files pertaining to the backed up clients and paste them into your ConversionData folder.

This includes the client U files, B files, H files and C files. Ensure you keep the files in their proper folders 21I, 20I, 21P, etc. Also look for the pertinent files in HISTORY copy those over as well.

Last thing, make a text file and name it conversion.exp.

After you do all these steps, the lacerte conversion wizard should see your files