Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product problems

wmorgan
Level 1

I can't edit anything (add new assets or edit descriptions of existing assets) in a Form 706 (Tax Yr. 19) I've been working on.  I edited it a week ago without trouble. Been on hold for over an hour.

This is ridiculous. 

Any help?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

What do you mean by edit?

What year?

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

@wmorgan If you give some more specific items, one of the volunteers here may be able to help you. We can not see what you are doing, so you need to describe as best you can.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
wmorgan
Level 1

Thanks. I cannot edit descriptions for assets, or add new assets. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

All Screens 10- 18?: Or certain ones?

Edit descriptions implies you were able to enter them before and now they need changes?

Ex-AllStar
wmorgan
Level 1

Correct to screens 10-18. I can't edit the descriptions or add new assets either. Everything was fine a few days ago. Now I can't make changes or additions. I can add values & beneficiaries, but no new asset descriptions or editing current descriptions. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

What version of the software are you on?

Ex-AllStar
George4Tacks
Level 15

Can you edit in the 1040? 

Hopefully you have restarted your computer since this started, often that simple thing will fix a problem.

Have you tried the Tools Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... I would use it to the Program > WebSetup/Force or you can do that alone following this link https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/install-products/help/how-to-perform-a-force-install-of-lace...

Last try - Is it you can't see the detail below the grid? Click the icon I circled in red 

Capture.JPG

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns