Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print efile acceptance letters to SmartVault

StknCPA
Level 4

I use step 4 under E-File to print efile acceptance letters to SmartVault. I select the proper letter type (tax return, amended, extension, CA-LLC, etc.), and then print to SmartVault.

It works great, except no matter which letter I am printing, it saves as "e-file Acceptance Letter XXXXX" (XXXXX is client number).

So, when I print the acceptance letter for the tax return to SmartVault, it overwrites the acceptance letter that is currently there for the extension. Later, when I print the acceptance letter for the CA-LLC, it will overwrite the one for the 1040.

While I aware that I can go change the file names manually before I print the next one, this is inefficient. This seems like this is something that Lacerte should do automatically (eg, name each file something different).

Am I just missing a setting somewhere? Does anyone know how to change this behavior? Or, do I need to submit this to Lacerte as a suggestion?

Does DMS have the same issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

No

I am sure some Lacerte programmer would know. 

Yes

Yes

P.S. How are you doing with envelopes for Cincinnati?

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
StknCPA
Level 4

We had to print Cincinnati labels to put over the pre-printed envelopes I had bought. Effective and efficient.

0 Cheers
LouiseH
Level 2

I have the same question. We had initially decided that it wouldn't be a problem if the extension acceptance letter was copied over by the efile acceptance letter but have since changed our mind. 

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

That would be an improvement to the program. Please vote for  that IDEA in the idea exchange and POSSIBLY Lacerte will make it so. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/e-file-acceptance-letters-overwrit...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers