Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prep File

dzaidman
Level 1

In one of our locations we have 2 prep files installed. This causes licensing issues. I would like to remove one of the pre files (location) but cant find how to do it. Customer support is un reachable.

Can anybody advise? 

Thank you

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here are my best guesses. Don't quote me unless I am right. 

Only guessing - Settings > Options > Firm Info > I think you may see both listed in the Firm box down to the left. POSSIBLY you can delete one there?

This tells how to install, but not remove https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/installing-multiple-firms-or-preparer-fil...

My other guess is that there are two files in Lacerte/20tax/OPTION20 that look slightly different

My last guess is to exit the program and rename Lacerte/20tax/OPTION20/Firms.w0 to Lacerte/20tax/OPTION20/Firms.old

Enter the program and probably get an error, then go to settings and download the prep file you want. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
dzaidman
Level 1

Thank you. The first option wont work. I couldn't find a way to delete it. Probably the second is the way to go. It must work.

Regards

0 Cheers