Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-Out Diagnostics Window

chelseagoode
Level 2

In 2019 software package, all modules, the pop-out window for diagnostics will open on my screen, however, it does not show any diagnostics. It has the left hand view and Diagnostic Filter bar, the top tool bar for printing and refreshing, and two two light colored lines at the top right with, what appears to be, cut off print for headers but the rest of the window is grey where it would normally show my list of diagnostics. See below screenshot.

Has anyone had this issue? I thought there was a way to adjust toolbar settings to include/exclude the pop-out window options, in which case I would remove, restart and add back the button to fix it, but I can't seem to find the instructions on how to do so. Is this actually not an option in 2019?

I can see the diagnostics in the diagnostics tab from the main window, so I know that there should be diagnostics in the pop-out window.

Screenshot 2020-09-14 183520.png

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Rob-cpa
Level 2

I see the same screen.  Put your cursor over the top until you get arrows and then click & drag it open.  Then Click on the Diagnostics again on the left side and you should be able to see it.

0 Cheers
chelseagoode
Level 2

Thanks Rob. That seems to be a hit-and-miss solution. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but at least I was able to get it to work a couple times. It also seems like the diagnostics are not linked once I do get them to show up. 

0 Cheers
DM2
Level 1

We have been experiencing the same exact problem of the pop-out diagnostic window not working.  This has been going on since the major update the first week in August.  We were told it would be fixed with the "big" September update on 09-04.  It didn't happen.  Now they are telling us that it will be fixed with the 10-02 update.

Everyone who is having this problem needs to either call in and voice your problem with the issue.  Or notify them in some fashion, so that they will fix the problem they caused. The more people that complain, the faster it will get fixed.

0 Cheers