Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF numbers not printing

valeriebach
Level 2

I noticed recently that when I print a pdf copy of a return, the federal is fine, but the state (California) is not printing the numbers.  I have to print it to the printer, then scan it back to my computer to get a pdf version.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Download the Lacerte Fix It App  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... This is used to do pdf and dms printer repair and other functions like a bad update.  

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

I just printed one to PDF (using the email PDF function) and it is fine.

Are you doing just PDF or the email PDF?

Have you rebooted?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

Download the Lacerte Fix It App  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l... This is used to do pdf and dms printer repair and other functions like a bad update.  

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
valeriebach
Level 2

Just pdf.  The federal is fine but not California.  Are  you printing California?  Maybe it's a glich in Lacerte with the state?

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Yes, California.

And it is working fine with regular PDF & with email PDF.

I'm printing Client Copy - is THAT what you are selecting?

And did you try George's suggestion?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
valeriebach
Level 2

Thanks.  I tried this but it didn't work.  It just started happening with one of the recent updates.  It was fine before that. I might have to call Lacerte, which is a pain.

0 Cheers
valeriebach
Level 2

It's the client copy, but also even when I try to print out partial returns or just one form, the pdf version doesn't print the numbers on the CA return.  And, yes, I rebooted.  It just started happening with a recent update.

0 Cheers
valeriebach
Level 2

I figured out the problem with your help! The tool utility program worked with printing to Lacerte pdf.  I've been printing to Adobe pdf all these years with no problem.  It's extra weird because the federal return still prints fine to Adobe pdf, but not CA.  Thank you!

0 Cheers